funny 02 'burb smell

Hello - My suburban has a funny smell. It smells like oil on the exhaust manifold. There is no smoke, no noticeable leaks, no oil consumption. Nothing funny in oil. Nothing funny in coolant. Breaks are fine, no squealing. Trans fluid level is where it should be as well. Temp gauge doesn't show hot. No idiot lights. Seems to run fine. I do, and have always had, piston slap when cold for a few minutes but the smell is new.

Any suggestions as to what to look for?

TIA

Reply to
No

See if there is a plastic grocery bag stuck to the cat. It makes a strange smell and takes forever to burn off.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Hi!

It sounds like there is a story behind this! :-)

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message news:IY3Oe.296122$xm3.135885@attbi_s21...

You guessed right Guesser, more than once. Now, every time I run over a white bag blowing around on the freeway I always look back to see if it made it out from under my truck. :) If you dont let it cool and scape it off it will stink for weeks!

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Change the dash Cabin Filter.... about $18 for the WIX filter set.

AC Delco No CF-104 ??

Reply to
Dennis Mayer