Fuse Identification - 94 Suburban K1500

I'm trying to fix a starting problem with a 94 Suburban K1500. I was checking a fuse next to the fuel pump relay and it fell out into a crevice among the exhaust header. The problem is that I don't know what the fuse is for or what size it is.

It's was in one of those in-line fuse holders, right on the wire. The holder is clearly visible if you take off the cover that is over the fuel pump fuse, a terminal block and the fuse pump relay. It's a glass fuse.

Can someone identify the function of this fuse and maybe what type and rating it is?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jim_nospam_beasley

A glass fuse in an inline holder? Not a factory item on a 94. What kind of after market goodies does it have?

Reply to
Steve W.

Sorry, it's all factory. There's a picutre of it in my Haynes auto repair manual (Chevrolet & GMS Pick-Ups 1988 thru 1994, 2WD and 4WD. Chapter 4 (Fuel and Exhaust Systems), Figure 3.17. Unfortunately, the fuse isn't described and I don't see it in the schematics.

Reply to
jim_nospam_beasley

I have a 90 GMC Sierra. I can look and see if I can help you. But I'm not sure of the exact location you are talking about. Are you talking about the fuse box attatched to the firewall? I'll be glad to help if I can find the exact location.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Thank you, Bob. It's not exactly a fuse box. It;s under a plastic cover in front of the firewall on the passenger side.

Here is a link to a picture of it, after the cover has been removed:

It's circled in red.

Be careful. That fuse will jump out and be gone quicker than you can blink!

Jim

Reply to
jim_nospam_beasley

Put an amp meter in line with the fused lead and run the fuel pump. Whatever it draws replace the fuse with one rated .5 amp more than the draw. If that's not enough use a slow blow.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I found out this fuse simply goes to the utility light under the hood.

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas.

Jim

Reply to
jim_nospam_beasley

Ok cool. I only read this group once a day so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

You mean the dealer installed optional utility light? The one that isn't standard equipment?

Reply to
Steve W.

This i have seen on a few forums... It is FACTORY. Some people think that other people don't know what they are talking about cause some people think they know Everything about ... well Everything. I have an issue with my 1994 GMC Sierra k-1500 4x4... It has two inline glass fuses that run into the same Junction block this guy is asking about. So guess what everyone they where still using Glass fuses in 1994. Maybe not many but they did. Plus why would anyone put in anything after Market and use glass fuses.

Reply to
Small block chevy