FYI: GM Recall

DETROIT ? General Motors Corp. is recalling more than 193,000 vehicles on the U.S. market to fix a variety of safety defects, federal safety regulators said Thursday. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the recalls included one covering 155,465 pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles and vans that may suffer hydraulic fluid leaks, causing increased steering and braking effort and potential crashes.

Models affected, all from the 2004-2005 model years, include the Avalanche, Express, Kodiak, Silverado and Suburban from GM's Chevrolet division. GMC's Savana, Sierra, Topkick, Yukon XL and the Hummer H2 were also affected, NHTSA said.

Reply to
KB

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:16:17 GMT, "KB" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Glad I just bought an F-150.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Considering ford just recalled 700,000 of their trucks, I wouldn't boast.

Reply to
Topprolmc

And here's the link..

Topprolmc

Thought the same thing! :-)

Good thing it is most certainly not a diesel in an F-150, HE'D BE YELLING TO EVERYONE OUTSIDE AND WAKING HIS NEIGHBORS ON COLD MORNINGS!!! NOTHING QUITE LIKE THE RACKET OF AN FORD DIESEL!!!

My neighbors F250 SuperDuty used to be able to wake me before my alarm clock on good cold mornings! :-)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:55:24 -0500, Topprolmc wrote something wonderfully witty:

Not an issue. I got one without cruise-control. Just a basic truck, well no not actually. It is an SXT model if you are familiar with them. I've both owned & driven a lot of trucks in my day. Been pretty much a diehard GM man as well. I almost bought a Colorado, but there was simply I couldn't put my finger on that I didn't like about it. It was a weird feeling. Then another poster gave a link to his first-drive review and was able to put into words what I felt about it.

Ford as done one helluva job on the new F-150 in overall ride quality it is damn near a sedan, and about as quiet. Get this, I was looking a the Colorado Z71 with I4 and no power options, and I was able to buy a full-size F-150 SXT with V8, auto, limited slip & tow package in the Flare-side/Step-side configuration (which is more then the flat-side) for $200 bucks cheaper then the Colorado which had a boat load of rebates last month. My all-in OTD was $19,240.10. I thought it was a pretty damn good deal overall.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Yeah, just don't park it in your garage at night! he he he :-)

Seriously think about disconecting the cruise control. A possible massive recall is coming soon due to cruise control related engine fires on many popular Ford SUVs and Trucks.

Fix Or Repair Daily

Reply to
Tailgator

That's what happens when you let the Aztek guys loose in the truck department!

I've been looking at the Dodge Ram SVT 10. They're looking much better these days since Damlier took over. First it was the sheetmetal, now everything else. Anybody seen a Lightning run up against the SVT 10??? The Silverado SS is a disappointment and I don't care much for the front clip these days.

Reply to
Tailgator

Thanks for the info I have and 04 3500. as for the Guy with the new F-150 They are just catching on fire driving down the street and while parked in driveways.. I'l keep my possible hydraulic leak....

Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

I called my local dealer today and they said they wouldn't be able to fix until the recall was "official" sometime in March. According to the NHTSA web site there is a special tool or something that GM has to deliver to all the dealers.

Cheers, Kyle

Reply to
KB

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:52:48 -0600, Tony_Stewart snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob Perkins JustaBenz) wrote something wonderfully witty:

If ya have cruise control there can be an issue. No cruise control on mine. Not my fault the dumbass Chevy dealer didn't want to make a deal. Brand new F-150 STX Flareside (StepSide) with V8, Auto, A/C. AM/FM/CD/Cass, HID Fog Lights, custom wheels and a towing package was $19,200 OTD. Bastards over at the Chevy place wanted to mark the damn thing up from MSRP cause they put some stupid ass pinstripes on it. Screw-em, took my biz to Ford. Screw-em for discontinuing the S-10. I would have bought my fifth one if they still made em.

The new F-150 are quiet as hell and ride great. More like a sedan then a truck.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

If ya have cruise control there can be an issue. No cruise control on mine. Not my fault the dumbass Chevy dealer didn't want to make a deal. Brand new F-150 STX Flareside (StepSide) with V8, Auto, A/C. AM/FM/CD/Cass, HID Fog Lights, custom wheels and a towing package was $19,200 OTD. Bastards over at the Chevy place wanted to mark the damn thing up from MSRP cause they put some stupid ass pinstripes on it. Screw-em, took my biz to Ford. Screw-em for discontinuing the S-10. I would have bought my fifth one if they still made em. The new F-150 are quiet as hell and ride great. More like a sedan then a truck.

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:06:48 -0600, Tony_Stewart snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob Perkins JustaBenz) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well I'll make ya feel better. Wife has an `02 Astro, #1 Daughter an `02 S-10, #2 Daughter an `01 Mustang Drop-top, and of course I have the `05 F150. Total owed nut is ~41K throw in my bike balance and I got ya beat @ $47k outstanding in vehicle payments. Think I'll take out a second Mortgage and pay em all off.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

"Bob Perkins JustaB" wrote: > If ya have cruise control there can be an issue. No cruise > control on > mine. Not my fault the dumbass Chevy dealer didn't want to > make a deal. > Brand new F-150 STX Flareside (StepSide) with V8, Auto, A/C. > AM/FM/CD/Cass, HID Fog Lights, custom wheels and a towing > package was > $19,200 OTD. Bastards over at the Chevy place wanted to mark > the damn > thing up from MSRP cause they put some stupid ass pinstripes > on it. > Screw-em, took my biz to Ford. Screw-em for discontinuing the > S-10. I > would have bought my fifth one if they still made em. > The new F-150 are quiet as hell and ride great. More like a > sedan then a > truck. > -- > "Either kill me or take me as I am, > because I'll be damned if I ever change..." > The Marquis de Sade > > > My Bad ... I didn't read about you not having cruise... I am > still a > Chevy man but I wish I only owed $19,000 on my truck......I > still owe > 44..:( > Good Luck with your Ford ! > Have a Great One ! > Bob :)

"......m, took my biz to Ford. Screw-em for discontinuing the S-10. I would have bought my fifth one if they still made em. The new F-150 are quiet as ........ "

What are you thinking? They still make S-10s. They have only been redesigned.

Reply to
BadBow99S10

The Colorado is the old S10 with a new nameplate.

Reply to
Tailgator

No it's not! It's a completely different truck.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian is correct as always. The Colorado/Canyon is assembled in Shreveport, LA where the S-10/Sonoma used to be built, but it's an entirely different truck. They will also build the Hummer H3 there.

Reply to
KB

The major change is $10000 added to the price

Reply to
stolen name

On 20 Feb 2005 07:59:16 -0800, "Tailgator" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Not in this or any other life time. They share nothing in common.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:24:07 -0600, "stolen name" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well yeah that is one change, but there is absolutely nothing in common between the two vehicle other then they both are pickups.

Reply to
ZombyWoof