Gas Mileage - '04 Sierra

My truck is an '04 Sierra 2WD 5.3L, 4L60E, 3.73 gears. The only add-on is an Edelbrock Cat-back exhaust. I just got back from a trip from South Central Texas to Northeast Louisiana and back. According to the on-board "computer" I averaged 20.4 MPG and figuring it "the old fashioned way" I get

19.9 MPG. This is a lot better than I expected. There were six of us crammed in the cab (2 adults, 4 kids) and I was hauling about 600 lbs. in the bed. What kind of mileage are you guys getting out there?

Cheers, Kyle

Reply to
KB

don't work it out by the mileage but you guys can probably figure my method out...

truck is a 1993 chevy silverado stepside with a 350 V8 gas is 91.9 cents a liter here ( pricey I know ) down around a quarter tank left I fill up... $60 bucks cdn gives me anywheres from 450-550 km's on that $60 depending on where I fill up.

Have found out that one gas station who's gas is more sulphur based compared to the others gives me the best mileage.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Using the us gallon (3.7854 l/gal.) your getting between 16.3 and 19.9 mpg. In cdn gallons (4.545 l/gal) your getting 19.5 to 23.9 mpg.

"Michael McNeil" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Marc Tremblay

i have a 04 4x4 extended cab, the on board computer says ave. is 15-17 but checking it i ave 15 round town not hauling anything, no road trips with it yet.

Reply to
Charles H.