Gibson Super Truck Exhaust

never heard of it? but if you just want a throaty sound have a muffler shop run you a dual exaust with some nice chrome tips. not the fart cannons, but whatever they use. My 95 Z71 Sounds tough but not obnoxious.... Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

I'm considering putting one of these on my 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab. I understand that it's a little louder than most, which doesn't make me too happy. My reason for considering it is because I like the design of the exhaust. But, how obnoxiously loud is it? Anyone have any experience with it, or with any Gibson exhaust product?

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe Smith

I put a Gibson cat back exhaust on my '94 C1500 and it sounded nice. A little louder, but sounded good to me, not obnoxious.

Reply to
Mike W

Ditto, I also put on a Gibson cat back system on my '94 1500 series 4x4 Suburban. It produces a nice low pitched sound at cruising speeds, which you can hear from the cab, but not be bothered by it. I always kind of like to hear the exhaust as it seems to give you a better appreciation for how hard the engine is working, running,etc. My neighbors tell me they can here me coming from down the street, but again, it is not obnoxious by any means. Sure it is loader than their Chrysler and Toyota minivans which are missing a few cylinders anyway. Actually this is my second Gibson system. The first was aluminized steel. It did not last as long as I was hoping for, considering I had maybe 50,000 miles on it. I called Gibson to see how good their warranty really was and they upgraded me to a stainless system for less than $100.00. I thought that was a good enough deal, since the old system certainly had been on awhile. Not that you asked, but I'd spend the money upfront for a stainless system, assuming it is not outrageously expensive as some other manufacturers systems appear to be . My daily driver is a '90 Olds Cutlass that has the original stainless steel exhaust system on it. I probably should have gone stainless the first time around. Tried to save a few bucks and in the end really didn't.

Reply to
Gary Picha