GM 4L80E question.

I've got a '93 3/4 ton Chevy pickup with the 4L80E trans. ~200,000 miles on it and still shifting fine. I hope to keep this truck a very long time and I've already found a rebuildable engine for it. I have a chance at a 4L80E trans. with only 1800 miles on it for a good price and was wondering if I'm going to have any electrical problems mating a 2001 model trans. to a '93 pickup. The '93's were the last year of mechanical fuel injection control, but the trans. was controlled electronically from the data I've got. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

The 2001 on is completely computer controlled while the 93 is not. I would save money for a rebuild of the current tranny if it ever needs it and then you will also know what you have afterwards too. Also GM changed the bellhousing some with modular engines (4.8, 5.3,6.0) and there may be a few issues there too.

Reply to
SnoMan

this oughta be good:

WHAT part of a 93 4L80E is NOT 'electronically controlled' ??????

Reply to
TranSurgeon