GM tailgate cables

They finally have the new stainless steel cable replacements in. Only took a year!

Reply to
Randd01

yeah, that was unbelievable to me.. i was at a EOC training drill one day talking with one of the guys who owns an oil company and he was talking about the cables breaking and i was like dowha?? he said yeah i've had two break... i was like.. gee... that can't be good..

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

I guess I'll see a recall notice in another month or two...

Reply to
vb

Is there any way to convert them back to the old style flat metal straps? That's a far more reliable setup than those stupid cables.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

It might be possible, but the SS cable will be fine now. I got my recall notice yesterdday.

Reply to
Randd01

So how much weight can the tailgate support?

Reply to
Ihatespam

hmmm good question.

Reply to
Randd01

You know what stinks is my 1999 Z71 takes the same cable as the 2000 and up trucks that are on the recall, but they won't replace them. They said because there weren't enough complaints on that year. Hell I think the cables are all the same on the fleet side trucks regardless of the year it is.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Hell I've been complaining about the stupid things since they first started using them in '88... lol

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell