GMC SAVANA VAN 6.5LT ENGINE

Any body know any thing about 2000 GMC SAVANA 3500 Diesel van that stalled at no appear reason while driven. I just bough 2000 GMC SAVANA diesel van 6.5Lt I drove for 1.5 hrs at 70ph Van stalled I shifted gear to "N" then beable to started again. Yesterday, I drove about 21 miles it stalled on me again.

Reply to
Boon

Greetings,

Here's the list of common items that cause stalling in the 6.5L motor, from cheapest to most expensive:

  1. Water in fuel - drain you fuel/water seperator
  2. Clogged fuel filter - replace filter
  3. Weak tranfer pump (moves fuel from tank to fuel injection pump) - check flow rate and pressure
  4. Failing fuel solenoid driver (FSD, aka pump mounted driver/PMD and is the black box that controls the fuel injection pump) - replace FSD and add an aftermarket FSD cooler. The FSD is the weak link in these motors but an FSD cooler goes a long way to alleviating the problem.
  5. Failing fuel injection pump - rebuild/replace the entire pump and add an aftermarket FSD cooler.

Check out this link about FSD coolers:

The first thing to do in any fuel related issue is drain the fuel/water seperator and replace the filter. It's quick and cheap.

Good luck - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan