Hard start/stalls 4.3 TBI Vortec

Hi Group, My wifes '94 Chevy full size pick-up with 4.3 liter TBI Vortec engine has what seems to be a cold start prob. As the day warms up it gets better but it still seems to be lacking power. I put new cap / rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, and the problem persists. Any suggestions as to what I can check??? Any & all help greatly appreciated,........ Herman.

Reply to
Herman

Hi Group, My wifes '94 Chevy full size pick-up with 4.3 liter TBI Vortec engine has what seems to be a cold start prob. As the day warms up it gets better but it still seems to be lacking power. I put new cap / rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, and the problem persists. Any suggestions as to what I can check??? Any & all help greatly appreciated,........ Herman.

Reply to
Herman

Sounds like your fuel pump is getting weak...ready to quit...check the fuel pressure with a pressure gauge or have someone check it for you.

Reply to
Bob Truck

Leaking CPI unit or bad pressure regulator. Both are inside the manifold, not hard to replace but not real cheap.

Reply to
Steve W.

Well,. I did a fuel pressure test & it reads about 8psi. This indicates a pump going bad (weak)??? Thanks for all advice,... Herman.

Reply to
Herman

I may be very wrong, but I would say it should be about 60-66PSI, key on, engine off....

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ