Headers and K & N

I've been told that I might get 40hp with both these installed in my

95 S-10 Vortec. Should I use a "Y" pipe and the stock exhaust to keep some back pressure? Thanks!
Reply to
Kirby "Does it Hurt?" Black
40? That might be a bit optimistic.

Reply to
Sigwings

More like 10 to 15 horsepower. Your still going through the catalytic converter right?

Reply to
el Diablo

Headers-Yes K&N-No...but its personal preference(I tossed mine)

Go with a high flow Cat if you can in your area, and a good cat-back system. A few tweaks to the fuel injection and you will feel a difference.

Reply to
Shades

I've been talked out of the headers. Was told exhaust manifold on Vortec is already almost like headers anyway, and headers always leak. Also put in a K&N filter, and man what a difference! How do you tweak the fuel injection?

Reply to
Kirby "Does it Hurt?" Black

I have never had my headers leak on any of my vehicles(my '85 'Burban has had em on for 50K or so)...anyway...

You could run a chip in the computer. You could go with a Holley TBI.

As for the K&N, more wear and dirtier oil are what your gonna get along with the increase in air flow...

Reply to
Shades