Headlight Condensation / Blower Fan

Hey All,

I have a 2003 Chevy 1500HD Crew. Took the truck into the dealer due to a few small items such as one headlight that had persistant Headlight Condensation. They replaced the unit with a new unit (I saw the replaceing) and now the new unit has Condensation within the unit. Any ideas? What causes this and is their any fix?

Second question the blower motor is starting to make an annoying noise as if it is out of balance. Is this common? They said when I took it to the dealer that it was leaves however I did not see the Tech actually work on it and clean leaves out. Any ideas?

Thanks All,

FSJ

Reply to
FSJ

Hi!

I've seen many an older GM blower fan get to operating rather loudly over the years. The one I pulled out of a Buick LeSabre was out of balance, but I couldn't see an easy way to fix it...so I just put it back in and it's been fine--albeit a little louder than usual--ever since. The fan in my dad's '94 C1500 is getting louder as time goes by and I'd swear that the one in my '03 S-10 isn't as quiet as it was when new either. I use it a lot on high speed.

However...most of these have been on very old vehicles (80s-90s cars) and not something as new as a 2003.

If you're comfortable taking the blower motor out, you can always have a look for "things" that have gotten inside. I don't know how susceptible (sp?) the blower is to sucking things in. However, vehicles that have been stored for any appreciable length of time can collect nests and other fun stuff in the blower area.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I've found that replacing the plastic drum fan with a metal one (easily available from Napa, etc.) eliminates much of the noise.

Reply to
Franko

Make sure the gasket around the light bulb socket is making full contact. Take it back to the dealer an tell them to fix it again. In a

2003 this should be warranty work.

More than once I've had to clean leaves out of a blower cage. If it becomes a persistant problem then find the AC air intake and make a grating for it to keep the leaves out. Or better yet, have the dealer do this. One of these days the engineers who design these things will discover AC filters.

AP

Reply to
Alan Petrillo