Heat/Ac dash control not working

My heater control has gone conpletly dead. That is at times it work only when it wants to. I tryed puting a new one in and have the same problem. When it does this the button light are on when the dash light are off when i turn the dash lights on the button lights go out. People I have talked to say it could be a bad ground. I?m not sure where to look. This is in a 92 silverodo. 1500. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Mike

Reply to
mmoore

Two places to look first if it is totally dead.

1st pull out heater control box and ck the 6 pin connector behind it to make sure it is not burnt up 2nd pull out the glove box and ck again for a burnt up connector, I cannot remember which one it is but I am sure someone here knows. I have found both connectors burnt up in my 92 k1500, the 1st took out the control box and the 2nd just the Blower.

Good Luck JRE

Reply to
Mastermech