Heater core

OK, I cant put it off any more. Last weekend, I had to bypass the badly

leaking heater core in my 1999 S-10 Blazer. Of course, then the cold front > rolled in. How bad a job is it to replace the core in this vehicle ? I'm > pretty sure the dash has to come out for access to anything. Are there any > shortcuts or tricks to make this job less of a bitch ? Someone said I may > have to open the freon lines to do the job. Any feedback would be > appreciated. Thanks. > > Jim
Reply to
Jim

dash has to come loose and set in front seats.When you go back NEVER put TAP WATER in the system....it has minerals that eat up the cooling system in most places.Use only 50/50 premix in cooling system.

Reply to
digitalmaster