HELP - 1995 Chevy G30 gauges quit after 10 minutes

I have a 1995 Chevy G30 van. It is a Coachmen Class B Motor Home.

It has 22,000 miles on it.

The gauge cluster fails after about 10 minutes on the road. If I turn off the ignition and park it - and restart it later - the gauges come back on but fail again after a few minutes.

speedometer - odometers - temp - gas - ammeter - oil pressure - they all go off together. The cluster lights stay on.

I took the cluster out and cleaned off all contacts - that seemed to help a bit - but now it is happening again.

Any ideas?

Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

bad ignition switch

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

What makes you think that Gary? snipped-for-privacy@everhart.com

Reply to
Harry Everhart

because GM's have a problem with bad ignition switches

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer