Help! 2000 Sonoma Door Hinge Pin

I tried replacing the hinge pins and bushings on the door. It went pretty well except I don't know how to get the spring back on. Also, I believe the a hole or two on the hinge have enlarged. How much does it cost for a shop to put new hinges on? By the way, I'm basically an idiot when it comes to cars so keep it simple.

Reply to
jenkins283

you'll need a door spring compression tool to put that back in. Your local auto zone may rent-lend you it but I'm not sure. If you have to purchase one they're not that much. They can(I have) put them back in without but....it's a b%#$*! Lastly, if you have wear on the adjoining hinges, they can be replaced but the cost will be astronmical. Take it to a local garage/body shop(probably the latter)and inquire about this. They should be able to weld in the hole and re-drill it. This will take precise, skillful doing as the hole has to line up perfectly. We have in the past welded an additional piece of metal above the hole in the door(as the bushings you replaced are technically on the body-of course removing the door from the truck)that was drilled out to the exact size of the bushing hole-then welded on. This worked out slick on the last one we did. But different shops will have different ideas, hopefully achieving the same goal. good snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

jenkins283 wrote:

Reply to
blazerman

It went