Help! Adding rearview mirror with temp/compass

Hello all,

I just bought a 2006 Trailblazer Ext but it's a little light on the options, including the fact that I only have a basic, run-of-the-mill rearview mirror WITHOUT onstar and the the temp/compass in the corner. All it has is the passenger airbag on/off light in it. I find myself shocked how much I actually miss the temp/compass thing from my last truck and have been investigating "upgrading" it.

Of the countless rearview mirrors on ebay, I've only found one that has the airbag on/off thing on it with the temp/compass and auto-dim and it's from an '03 Tahoe (if you're really interested in which one it is, go to

to check out the pics). How much of a PITA is this gonna be for me to install in my TB? I've heard rumors that the outside temp sensor behind the grill is there just waiting to be plugged in. Is this true? More importantly, does anyone know the pinouts to these mirrors (both my stock TB one as well as this new Tahoe one) or where I can find them?

Thanks in advance! Rob

Reply to
Bones