Help!!! Advice needed, 4.3 liter engine head gasket in a 96 Astro van

The passenger front is where all of the heater hoses (mine has both front and rear heat and AC so if your does not it may be different) come together along with the vacuum valves . May also be the bottom radiator hose or possible the bypass hose. Defiantly get a light and track it down. If it has been leaking for a while you can trace the stains back to the source. Mine leaked down the back of the block. GM

Reply to
GM

Mine has dual air also. I'm hoping it's a hose or valve or maybe the overflow bottle since it seems to only leak a certain amount. Someone else suggested water pump. I gotta find time to dig down into it and have a good look...can't see with all the junk in the way. It's just been too damn hot around here (Phoenix) to work on it but it's getting cooler (way down to the mid 90's this week) so I'll probably get into it this weekend or next. Just about anything would be better than a manifold gasket. Here's hoping...

Reply to
M.M.

Heh heh, I've heard that Wisconsin is really wonderful... in the summer. A trip is tentatively planned for somewhere around summer of

20??. I'll keep you posted :-)

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

If it is the intake gasket leaking and it is allowed to do so over a long period of time plan on replacing the intake manifold as well. The leaking coolant will erode the manifold. And Dexcool has nothing to do with it, or my 91 would have never failed.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning