HELP: Cluth Slipping? 97 S-10

I have a 97 Chevy S-10, 4 cylinder 2.2L manual tranny with 91,000 miles.

The clutch feels like it might be slipping, I can't seem to get as much power to the wheels at low speed like I used to (could be the heat though). My clutch pedal has to come very far out for the engine and tranny to connect.

So I wonder is it just my clutch pedal/cable that needs adjusting or could it be that my clutch is slipping ?

Do I need to just adjust the clutch pedal, replace the clutch, replace the tranny, or all ? How much should this stuff cost (I am limited in time and ability, I admit...).

If you reply, please copy your newsgroup post to my email address, which is NOT the one in my header.

my email is from h ot mail dot com

and it is "9dof" with the number 9 spelled out as "nine" then add the "dof" to it, and the add an "@" and then you know the rest because it is a hot mail account.

or else just post to this newgroup.

BTW, I use spamcop every day so spammers, go ahead and try me if you are feeling lucky, punks.

Reply to
sdfg

Sounds like your clutch is worn out.

You don't have a cable, you have a hydraulically operated clutch. So there is no adjustment, and the symptoms of hydraulic problems are always hard to get into gear, etc... not slipping problems.

Probably just number two. Probably best if you phone around and get some quotes.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai