Help identifying my GMC Vandura RV?

it says Vandura 35 on the side GMC on the front BROUGHAM near the rear on the side I was just curious about the RV and wanted to know more about it, but i can't seem to find anything about this particular RV. Does anyone have suggestions on what to search for it under, or where? I can post photos tomorrow. I'm thinking it was made around the 80's ?

Reply to
Nicole Prather

Is it a real R/V or a conversion van?

GMC Vandura was the name used by GM for the full sized vans and cab and chassis units for a lot of years.

The 35 means it is a one ton rated base vehicle.

Year wise, look at the VIN number,

From 1973-79 the 6th digit of the 13 digit VIN number is the last number of the year

3 = 1973 9 = 1979

For 1980 and up the year digit became a letter and the 10th digit in the new 17 digit VIN number.

A = 1980 follow the alphabet with each year equaling the next letter

Q = 1996 (final year on the Vandura line)

The Brougham was a trim package name used by a a few different up-fitters.

Reply to
Steve W.

There SHOULD be a "vehicle completer's" tag if it is an RV or a serious conversion. StarCraft Conversions is one that definitely used the Brougham moniker in that timeframe and built on the Vandura 2500 Chassis. They were "day vans", more than "RVs"

Reply to
clare

seem to find anything about this particular RV. Does anyone have suggestions on what to search for it under, or where? I can post photos tomorrow.

If it is a full class c type camper it could be made by Brougham Industries in Texas - if it was built before 1975 when the company closed.

Reply to
clare