help me decipher these trouble codes

I've gotten the swap done in my 94 C1500. But it's not running right. I think I got the chip for an automatic instead of a 5 speed. So I pulled the trouble codes out of it and got this:

32 EGR, figured that one would happen. there's no place on the new EGR to plug in the blacvk wire that went to the one on the 4.3.

43 Electronic spark timing (EST) circuit - low voltage detected Electronic spark control (ESC) - circuit problems

How'd I get that one? Is it possible I mashed a wire on the connector when I was installing the engine and that did it?

59 Transmission Temp Sensor (TTS) - open Transmission fluid temp low

I really think I got the wrong chip now. It's a manual. It wouldn't have that code for a manual tranny, would it?

66 Electronic Control Module (ECM) computer circuit fault or air conditioning pressure sensor circuit fault or low air conditioning refrigerant charge (Transmission) 3-2 shift control solenoid - circuit problems

Which is it? It has an aftermarket AC. No computer controls it. It appears to think there is an auto tranny, but it's not. Could I have a bad computer? The truck starts right up and runs, just poorly.

72 Gear select switch circuit fault - Corvette only Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) - loss of signal

Again, I think I got the wrong chip. Would the VSS affect the speedometer? Because that works just fine. And why would there be a gear select switch on a manual, and will it affect how it runs?

82 Internal PCM communication fault (Saturn) or QDM Solenoid "A" monitored voltage differs from commanded Ignition system fault - 3X signal problem

What does this mean? What's a QDM solenoid?

Reply to
Ookie Wonderslug

If you don't have the right "chip" for the engine/tranny combo you have, then the codes mean nothing, like trying to find your way around England with a map of Spain.

Again I will state my opinion, get a computer and a distributor for the same year, model, options as the truck you have with the engine you used. Then if the sensors for the V-8 are different then the ones for the V-6, you have to use the V-8 ones for the same year as the truck you installed it in. As far as I know the V-6 and V-8 use the same sensors that year. If the engine is a different year then you have to use the sensors for the year you are installing it in. The egr valve off the 4.3 should bolt to the V-8. If the OEM number is 17087026, or 17111843 it will work on the V-8

This isn't 1965 any more. you cant mix and match any more.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning