Help needed desperately on no start 97 GMC

I had replaced the alternator the other week. I pulled the radio fuse that had something powered up, and the truck has worked fine ever since... I drove to town and came home, parked it, and the next morning all it would do is turn over and never fire off. No way to get into town, nearest dealer is over 50 miles away, and while I do have some knowedge of engines and vehicles it all ends with the newer ones with computers and all the fuel injection and relays etc..........I have pulled the relays and reseated them, checked every fuse etc, but all it does is turn over............does this vehicle have one of those safety features that shuts off the fuel pump if its bumped? I could not find mention of it in my manual.........So where should I start looking first and for what?

Any info is greatly appreciated.......

Truck is a 97 Sierra 1500 2wd, auto tranny with the 350 vortec engine, all power, with 70,000 miles. I never got any check engine lights etc.

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!

~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy~

I would start with the simple test first. Remove one of the spark plug wires, hold it next to engine and crank.....do you see spark? post back

Reply to
MikeG

Check to make sure the fuel pump is pumping when you turn the key on. You can usually hear it whirring when you first turn the key as they tend to be fairly loud. If you haven't replaced it already, you are in the mileage range where they seem to give up. Bob ('97 Sierra) 145k miles

Reply to
Bob Truck

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!

~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy~

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!

Reply to
~Roy~

Yup...in the tank...can you hear it running when you first turn your key on? Bob

Reply to
Bob Truck

Reply to
ronlin