Help!! Stuck on vacation trip and 1990 Suburban won't start

Folks, we have a GMC 1500 series 1990 Suburban with ~270,000 miles on it. We change our oil every 3000 miles and use synthetic oil. We never have added oil to the engine between oil changes! The truck runs beautifully,normally. We drove from Houston to Lebanon OH without a hitch. Since arriving here, we have had no problem until today when I went out to start it, it would turn over very well, but would'nt start. Does anyone have any ideas of what I might look for? It has gasoline, and a new air filter. The battery is still strong, and the temperature here has been in the mid 40s so it isn't fuel line freeze up. It drove perfectly yesterday, and the first indication of trouble is when I went to start it today. I'm thinking perhaps the rotor has worn down, or something like that, as I had no indication of trouble, no hard starting, etc. Any help or advice, or if anyone knows of an honest mechanic in this area, we would really appreciate it, thanks and please reply to snipped-for-privacy@hal-pc.org, as I may not have web access where I'm staying, thanks again!

Reply to
Richard Dillon

Bobo