Help With A 1998 Chev s10 Blazer LT

Hi All First Time in here

I Have this 1998 s10 Blazer LT 4x4 with the 4.3 Vortec...It has 80,000 miles on it All regular maintenance is done and is well looked after,But for the past little while on the driver side Floor--Left hand side there is a very annoying rattle/metal-on-metal noise(kind of like a stress type noise) when I drive over regular road bumps,You might hear a very little bit of this noise while driving on normal smooth roads(This SUV is not used for off road)...I'm trying to give you guy's as much info as possible hoping that maybe someone can give me there opinion on what he or her think it might be...3 days ago I had the oil changed and had the mechanic check out the front-end from top to bottom and the front end all checks out ok....This SUV has as well the torsion bar set-up if that makes a difference The front shock's are ok as well....new brake pads and rotors(2 weeks ago) Anyone have any suggestion's on what it could be....The noise/rattle is for sure coming from the driver side floor kick panel area and it is coming from the outside...If you need any more info ask away

Thank you all any help would be very much appreciated

Reply to
Rob

Scott M

Similar noise on my 99. Check ball joints(again) and (believe it or not) door hinges. Both needed replacing on mine but I don't know which one was making the noise.

Reply to
JMagerl

Reply to
bobo

my truck did something similar, i swore it came from the drivers side, but it was the heat shield over the cat. one of the bolts came loose and fell off so every little bump it rattled. while you are down there you might as well check that.

Reply to
urb's91

Thank you all very much for your help....I well have what ever it is fixed today(Friday) and well get back to and let you know what the problem is....Again Thanks so much