Hey Ian, ever seen a 4L60E do THIS ?

Cold, works fine, in spite of 344,924 miles on original unit (honest!)

Hot, will shift 1-2-3 then hang in 3 even at a stop

Shut key off, restart, will repeat cycle

Found code P 0785 3-2 Solenoid Circuit Fault

Changed 3-2 downshift solenoid and it worked.

I've never seen a 60E do a 'hang in 3rd' except in the case of total power failure to the transmission

Gary Glaenzer

"Gary Glaenzer" wrote

failure to the transmission

(laugh)...Hey...don't do that to me. I don't have a clue about auto transmissions. Oh yeah, the fluid is red.

Ian (dealership specialization catches up with me)

Reply to
shiden_kai

so what's the 'specialty of the month' ??

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Hey Ian,

Your posts don't show up in my newsreader (and I certainly do not have you shit-filed!). Any clue as to why not? They showed up with my old ISP's news-server, but my new ISP's server doesn't post them.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

"Gary Glaenzer" wrote

It's always been mainly "general" type work. I've done some stints as a "front end" man for a few years. Still enjoy doing that kind of work, but the present job really compartmentalizes the work, ie: the front end guys get very excited if you dip into "their" work. Have done some A/C work, but not enough to be particularly confident in my abilities at it.

Have done very little drivability work, no auto trans work ever, other then basic maintenance and the odd bit of work on 440's back when the double bump into reverse and harsh 3-2 downshift complaints were common. If I remember correctly, the only reason I did any work on those was because the trans guys were getting swamped by the repairs to those transmissions. Oh yeah....lots of TCC solenoid replacements in the

125's....."its got to be...the TCC"

Have always had to do the "standard" transmissions, as for some weird reason, automatic trans guys do not want to do repairs to standard transmissions. At least in all the dealerships I've worked at.

So have you ever had the "pleasure" of working at a dealership?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

no, and from the stories I've heard, my life has not been diminished by the failure to do so...............

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

And as with anything else, it has it's plusses and minuses. I think it comes down to the owner of the business and the manager you work for. I've spent

23 yrs in the same dealer. Started out at the bottom, rose to the mgr position and am now back turning wrenches. I'm kinda enjoying letting somebody else lock the doors.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Hot, will shift 1-2-3 then hang in 3 even at a stop

Shut key off, restart, will repeat cycle

Found code P 0785 3-2 Solenoid Circuit Fault

Changed 3-2 downshift solenoid and it worked.

I've never seen a 60E do a 'hang in 3rd' except in the case of total power failure to the transmission

as