HHR

I can't quit looking at the HHR. Unfortunately, there isn't much real discussion... it all sounds like hype (ya gotta have one!) or gripe (...takes a sucker to buy a piece of that retro crap).

I take pretty decent care of a vehicle, which means a Toyota lasts 150K to

200K miles and still looks OK when we part company. My experience - based on the 5 we've owned - is that the Toyota will have (at most) one major issue during those miles. My experience with GM products isn't that great... we had a 2003 Escalade (purchased new) and it had 4 or 5 majors by the time we traded with 50K miles.

Any ideas on what should I expect with the HHR?

Thanks!

Reply to
toowide

Its got the same engine tranny that the Caviler/Cobalt has, also used in the Malibu/MalibuMax. dual over head cam chain driven, not belt driven. Engines built in Tenn., and Tonawanda NY, third place is Kiserslautern Germany for use in European cars. My 2003 lear has 60 miles on it now, bought last march with 28K on it. No issues at all. Decent fuel mileage beating the epa ratings if I behave. 34 highway cruise set at 73 mph. Over 75 starts dropping, over 80 drops to 28 mpg. average over the last year combined mileage has been 28 mpg.. Its not a race car, but can more than get out of its own way. I service POS systems at restaurants in Florida, the trunk is always full, and often the back seat. When I trade this I will be looking at the HHR myself, other than the grill its not bad looking, and I could use the extra space. Weird things; oil filter is in the block, drivers side front, uses a cartridge.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

They ain't bad lookin'... fer a Saturn!

Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff

There is absolutely no relationship between the American powered HHR, and abortion honda v-6 powered Saturn Vue.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
Eric

Whilst sitting in a quack's office a while back(been so long now I can't recall which magazine) I had read some story about the HHR and how it's "underpinnings" (I _think_ that was the word used) were based on Saturn's. I don't remember the Vue or any V6 engine being mentioned. Could they have been talking about the chassis? The suspension? The 4 banger engine? As I said this was a while back-I don't think they'd even been released yet so who knows, maybe the writer was talking out his ass. I do know most manufacturers will try to share components whenever they can in an effort to save costs. And that's why I called it a Saturn. It was meant as a joke.

Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff