hidden tow hitch?

i have a 94 stepside with a roll pan. can anyone give me a model # for any brand of tow hitches that will hide behind the license plate on the pan?

thanks, james

Reply to
<jrhx

Stylin Concepts have them here:

dougmcp

You need to check with the sate your registered in, and the states you plan to pull through and make sure what you want to do is legal. When the hitch is being used the tow vehicles plate isn't viewable, and in some states that will get you a major ticket, a bigger hassle, and parked till you correct the violation. Otherwise, go for it.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

That seems strange since you can't really see the plate when your towing. Also what would it matter as there is still the Plate of the thing your towing anyway! Seems strange. Like having a front License plate. Motorcycles don't have them. Even some cars don't, can't have them, like Corvettes. No place to really put a front plate. My front plate on my 03 Silverado looked like crap. The plastic on the bottom of the bumper would push the bottom of the license plate out. So I just took it off. Been like that for over a year and no problems.

Reply to
JBDragon

You borrow your buddy's trailer, the tag doesn't correspond to you. And most of the time when you are passing you can see and read the tag. Florida will ding you if a tag frame covers any part of the printing or decals on the tag. Try removing the front tag in Ohio and see how far you get, or in Maryland or NY. Corvettes can have a front tag if the correct bracket is supplied there is a piece called a "plate filler" installed on cars delivered to states that don't require a front tag, the filler is removed and a plate bracket installed, which is why the front tag doest fit properly on your truck, wrong bracket, or no bracket. I am not saying it is a problem in every state , but isn't it easier to find out before hand rather then after and avoid a hassle? Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

In Maryland, where police rarely ticket those #*%&%#* tailgaters, it is rarer still that they would ticket anyone without a front licence plate. The only thing that the traffic cops in MD are interested in is speeders.

Reply to
Lena