High Oil Pressure 02 Avalanche 1500 Whats up?

Threaded View

I have a 2002 Avalanche 1500 with a 5.3 Liter Vortec Engine.  The oil
pressure gage reads 60 - 70 durring normal driving conditions.  Is
this normal?  If not what is the pronlem?  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: High Oil Pressure 02 Avalanche 1500 Whats up?

For what it's worth my 89 454 reads about the same, if you want to
know what it's reallly at hook up a mechanical gauge.  Has the
pressure always been like this?  I personally would be more concerned
with low pressure than high. Hope this helps.....Ed

Re: High Oil Pressure 02 Avalanche 1500 Whats up?

I've got a conversion van 1500 and a motorhome 3500: both always read high.

Site Timeline