High Oil Pressure 02 Avalanche 1500 Whats up?

I have a 2002 Avalanche 1500 with a 5.3 Liter Vortec Engine. The oil pressure gage reads 60 - 70 durring normal driving conditions. Is this normal? If not what is the pronlem? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
mtbmac

For what it's worth my 89 454 reads about the same, if you want to know what it's reallly at hook up a mechanical gauge. Has the pressure always been like this? I personally would be more concerned with low pressure than high. Hope this helps.....Ed

Reply to
89GMC

Reply to
William Andersen