hood latch cable broke - 92 S10

How the heck do I get the hood open now that the cable has snapped? Can't seem to get to it from underneath. Any ideas?

If you can reply to email I would appreciate it but not necessary.

-- ________________________________ Bob Viering snipped-for-privacy@stealthprofits.net

Batfink

Usually they break at the pull under the dash, if so find the end a use some plyers to pull it. If it is broken elsewhere you will have to use a long screw driver of something similar and fight it from under the front end. Not fun but it can be done.

Reply to
Scott M

Thanks. I'll try the dash/pliers thing. I can't see anything under the hood but what looks like a solid metal plate to keep people from using a screwdriver or something! :)

Reply to
Batfink

Problem solved. It was accessible with a screwdriver between the hood and the front grill. Problem was I had a bug shield in the way so couldn't see it. Surgically removed the shield and got it open. Cable wasn't broke after all, it just came off the latch. Thanks Scott.

Reply to
Batfink

GREAT!

Reply to