How do I get the rear seats....

Ok, I know this is OT...but since there are no Chevy car groups out there, I am hoping one of the wrenches can clue me in. I am trying to get the rear bottom seat out of a 2001 Impala. I can't find any retaining bolts on the damn thing, Nor can I find any clips holding it down. Alldata doesn't address this, and the Haynes manual is basically worthless. My wife has been hauling grandbabies around in this car and I really need to get in there to clean.

John

Reply to
John

Older Chevy seats would be pushed back toward the rear, to un hook it from the clip at the corners. Have you tried to push it back?

Or, remove the back seats from the trunk side. Maybe bolts from the trunk, into the back of the rear seat.

Reply to
Bill

Thanks...tried pushing it back. Got nowhere. No bolts on the trunk side that I can see either...and the back of the seat folds down. One way or another I am going to get the damn thing out.....

Thanks for the suggestions.

Reply to
John

The back folds down...

Maybe at the hinge, or close too it would be a bolt. (Watch it be a Star bolt). That may be removed to get the seat unattached from the rear.

Reply to
Bill

alt.autos.gm - xposted for you.

LOL!

Is that the 5.7L impala? I love that car. What a kick to drive.

Would the bolts be under the floorpan?

Reply to
PerfectReign