! How effective are the RESTORE products??

I read about this in a magazine, but I know not everyting they ad is true. I know products like prolong and zmax have been in problems with lawsuits, so I was wondering if anybody knows about any bad stuff about RESTORE.

or what do you guys think, anotherBS product ?

Reply to
jp

They've been around a long time and I've never heard anyone say that they worked. I wouldn't waste my money on them. In the auto industry, this type of product is called a "mouse milk" (and it's just about as useful).

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

sticky crap to seal the rings, boost compression and to slow oil burning.

Reply to
Scott M

You say it helps even if you dont put it in every oil change? I was thinking STP type product because the ad says put it in every time you change the oil.

Reply to
Scott M

No. I think they just want to sell you more. The results will last for 5 or 6 oil changes at least.

Reply to
CJB

I'm surprised that "Doc" hasn't weighed in on this thread yet.

Or just search the group for his comments on it. Seems like he thought it worked quite well!

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I never could figure out how the stuff in the cans etc can repair the internal wear and damages in an engine.........it simply can't. It can help mask the problem but it sure does not fix anything.

-- Visit my website:

foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address

Reply to
Roy

Reply to
sidewinder

Been outta town for the past few weeks; don't follow the ng's while I'm away. Restore kicks as, it works, I use it in everything with over 100k on the clock and will use it to the day I die. What more can I say?

The folks who call it snake oil haven't used it, plain and simple.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I think I've already admitted that I've never tried it so I guess I'm guilty of condemnation without a trial. I'm a very skeptical person when it comes to 'miracle' cures but because I have 173,000+ miles on my Suburban, I'm going to try it. If I like it, I'll put it in my daughter's S10 Blazer because it has over 200,000 miles and needs a boost.