How much does it cost for a valve cover gasket to be replaced?

I drive a Chevy Blazer 1996. It is leaky around the valve cover now. How much does it cost to replace the Gasket?

Reply to
Janette

Depends on the shop and what parts really are the problem. If it is JUST bad gaskets the parts will run around $30.00 The labor is about 1.5 - 2 hours.

Labor rate of $80.00 - final price around $190-200.00

If you DIY you could save $150.00. It's not real hard just takes some time to remove a few pieces to get the covers off, then clean them and install the new gaskets and reverse the process.

Reply to
Steve W.

Including cleaning it up first, no more than an hour and a half labour plus the cost of the gasket. You don't say which engine. Many had formed in place gaskets, which, in my opinion, should be replaced with "real" gaskets - aprox $20 for a V8???

Reply to
clare