How to find out if my S-10 truck is a Zr2

is there any way I can find out if my Chevy S-10 pickup has the ZR2 package?

it doesn't seem to say it anywhere on the car or on the documentation i have with it. but i do have the Wider bed that covers the bigger sized tires that have come with truck.

if i call the dealer, do you think they can tell me exactly what my truck is based on the VIN #?

thanks.

Reply to
fred

. This is a classic example of what is wrong and what is killing light trucks.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

what do you mean? Do most light trucks come with packages that are unlisted on them and their documentation?

i'm still trying to figure out why my damn tailpipe wont match and i have to pay to get a custom one built.

Reply to
fred

The line "it doesn't say anywhere on the CAR"

You have spent more time, and in my book time is more valuable then money, and more money then if you had just found a good custom shop in the first place trying to get an exhaust system on your truck.. Maybe the dealer did a mod on it, perhaps a previous owner did. It may also be that the design you have was not a "big" run and the after market doesn't have one for it i.e. walker and other auto zone type suppliers. Your first post was 4 days ago and I have a feeling it was at least 4 or 5 days before you posted. How many trips to auto parts stores? How much time under the rig? How much gasoline at over $2.30 a gallon have you burnt? I replaced everything from the cat back on my S-10, over sized the pipe, had aluminized pipe used and a nice chrome tip. Shop had it done in less than 40 minutes, and the cost was $40 more than if I had gotten the parts from a supply house. I didn't get any rust in the hair or eyes, I didn't spend a bunch of time chasing parts. Something's are best done by owner, others make more sense to have someone else do. Exhaust and oil changes fall into the latter.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

hey i hear you man. you speak the truth.

actually gas is 2.46 a gallon here and i spent a Fourth of a tank driving back and forth from different' shops.

first thing tommorow morning i'm getting the custom pipe built and having my mechanic install it. the main reason i tried this last push this evening was that the mechanic told me he'd rather not have to weld custom hangers on the tailpipe (since it'll be custom it won't have them) but i guess thats something he'd have to deal with :) i've done my part.

but i believe i have the Zr2 package.. i always wondered why mine looked a lot nicer than the other s10's with teh same lights i saw driving around.

its kind of exciting ;)

Reply to
fred

exhaust AND front-end work

Reply to
TranSurgeon

most 'mechanics' are not equipped to do custom work on exhausts

as you have been toold several times, take the d*mned thing to a good exhaust shop and have them call you when its done

Reply to
TranSurgeon

my mechanic can do anything :) he has a the welder and everything.. he just needs some motivation..

he just likes to do things as quick as possibel so he can get back to putting his tractor trailer's transmission back together.

i personally dont feel like paying retail to amuffler shop. to do a full install and charge me 40 dollars extra on top of the 45 they are going to charge me a for a 25 dollar pipe..

i'm already willing to pay the 45.. but more for that..

i'll save my money for some hitch attatchements.

Reply to
fred

I can do the oil changes on all three of my vehicles myself in less time then it takes to drive just one of them to, wait at, and wonder if they did it right, oil change places.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Wouldn't "ZR2" appear as an RPO code?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Good answer. Yes that is what ZR2 is. It is just the RPO code for the high wider performance sport package on the 4x4. Same as Z71 on the bigger trucks. I assume when the OP said he didn't have documentation that some how the RPO sheet was ripped from the glove box. I was going to give the answer just look in the glove box but that seemed so obvious I didn't want to appear to be a smart ass.

Reply to
calhoun