How to remove anti siphon screen

I have a 2002 Chev s-10 . Anyone know the easiest way to remove the gas tank anti-siphon device? When I needed gas out of it to run the generator after the hurricane, I couldn't get it. (the truck was full and I couldn't buy gas anywhere) I need it ready for the next hurricane. Thanks, Pete

Reply to
Pete

It's an anti-roll over valve. IE, stops gas from spilling if the truck gets upside down.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Between the fill up spot and the tank is there a rubber hose that connects them?If so why not disconnect it and siphon from there.

Reply to
D-farr

When replacing the fuel pump in my 95 S10 I had to empty the tank. There was a ball captured at the fuel entry point of the tank that prevented getting a siphon hose beyond that point. It's captured in a 3-fingered manner and a stiff poke with a garden hose dislodged it into the tank. Beware once there, the only way to replace it is to remove the tank. You might consider adding a fitting to the truck's fuel line for purpose of getting fuel out. I'd first check to see if the 2002 has a "fuel pump prime" lead that will let you run the pump without the key on.

Reply to
DonW

Thanks for the help, guys. Sounds like a good thing for safety. Pete

Reply to
Pete

It does, right next to the fuel pump relay there will be a single hole

Reply to
Eugene Nine