How to remove anti siphon screen

Threaded View

I have a 2002 Chev s-10 . Anyone know the easiest way to remove the gas tank
anti-siphon device? When I needed gas out of it to run the generator after
the hurricane, I couldn't get it. (the truck was full and I couldn't buy gas
anywhere) I need it ready for the next hurricane.
Thanks, Pete

--
If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Re: How to remove anti siphon screen

It's an anti-roll over valve. IE, stops gas from spilling if the truck gets
upside down.

Al

Re: How to remove anti siphon screen

Between the fill up spot and the tank is there a rubber hose that connects
them?If so why not disconnect it and siphon from there.

Re: How to remove anti siphon screen

When replacing the fuel pump in my 95 S10 I had to empty the tank.  There
was a ball captured at the fuel entry point of the tank that prevented
getting a siphon hose beyond that point.  It's captured in a 3-fingered
manner and a stiff poke with a garden hose dislodged it into the tank.
Beware once there, the only way to replace it is to remove the tank.
You might consider adding a fitting to the truck's fuel line for purpose of
getting fuel out.  I'd first check to see if the 2002 has a "fuel pump
prime" lead that will let you run the pump without the key on.

Re: How to remove anti siphon screen

It does, right next to the fuel pump relay there will be a single hole

Re: How to remove anti siphon screen

Thanks for the help, guys. Sounds like a good thing for safety.
Pete

Site Timeline