hydraulic lifters tapping at highway speed

I?ve got a 95 5.7 L Chevy Box truck (FI), only about 50k miles

Runs great all day on local roads, but as soon as it?s on the highway (over 55 mph) for a few minutes, the lifters atart to rattle.

There is no drop in oil pressure, and the oil I?ve changed the oil every 1,000 miles three times.

Once it?s off the highway, a few miles later it?s back to normal.

There is no drop in performance, so it must be a lifter that collapses when it gets hot?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Reply to
Tor

your HEARING SPARK KNOCK !!

Tor wrote:

Reply to
no one

Spark knock .. a 10 year old truck with only 50k is probably all=20 Carboned up!

Tor wrote:

Reply to
no one

Get a can of "top engine cleaner" from your local GM dealer Part #

1050002. I havent tried it yet, but I am going to run a can thru my Seville STS with 165K

Like 6 or 7 dollars and suppose to remove all the carbon and other crap from the top end of your motor.

Reply to
tekguy4

On 7 Mar 2005 11:21:53 -0800, "tekguy4" wrote something wonderfully witty:

All it did was make mine worse. Instead of tapping, they started sticking.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Pete