I got the wasps out!

Hello all...

Brief recap: '84 GMC Sierra, wasps moved into the ventilation system....

Had to have a little celebration the other day....I finally decided to jump in and get those wasps at any cost. Thankfully I didn't get stung at all, but I probably got close. All of them got pretty mad.

After using Ace Hardware wasp killer (which put some stiff fumes in the cab!) to kill the ones flying around, I started the truck, slid the thermostat control to heat, set the fan to high and turned the system on to Bi-Level output. Then I ran like heck away from there. There might have been one or two more that decided to leave when the truck finally got some heat up.

I drove it around after that with the heat blasting while I changed the thermostat to all different types of air outputs. I even banged on the dash and the seat to drive any out from there. Seems like I got them all--I pulled apart some of the venting and found what might have been a wasp nest. After soaking it with wasp killer, I got rid of it.

So, tentatively, I will say that they seem to be gone from the truck. I parked it somewhere else so they hopefully won't find it again.

Thanks to all who provided suggestions and help with this problem.

William "The Guesser" Walsh

1984 GMC Sierra 6.2L Diesel 1994 Chevrolet C1500 W/T (dad's truck) 4.3L V6 2003 S-10 4.3L V6

Participating in A.T.C for the fun of it!

Reply to
William R. Walsh

You drove it around waiting for them to come out of the vents? you crazy man! :)

Reply to
Scott M

Hi!

Yes, I did. I figured I was the one with the truck and that I could outrun them if needed!

I also thought they'd be none too pleased if I bailed out and their home went rumbling off into some immovable outdoor object...

;-)

William "The Guesser" Walsh

1984 GMC Sierra 6.2L Diesel 1994 Chevrolet C1500 W/T (dad's truck) 4.3L V6 2003 S-10 4.3L V6

Participating in A.T.C for the fun of it!

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I told ya the old vent trick would work. It was free, too.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed