I need help with my Door parts, what is it called?? 92Z71

I really don't know what it is called. Its my 92 z71 When I close my Driver door it will not catch. It does have a sag.. I want to replace the inside door piece that catches

Reply to
Fatdaddy

"rave4" wrote: > I really don't know what it is called. > Its my 92 z71 When I close my Driver door it will not catch. > It does have > a sag.. > I want to replace the inside door piece that catches

To replace the catch mechanism you need to take the inside door panel off...reach inside and disconnect the rods that are connected to the catch mechanism. On most vehicles the will just pop free. Then remove the three screws you mentioned...the mechanism should just come out. You should be able to get one from a Chevy dealer or a junkyard. If your door sags you might have to readjust it because they might have something to do with it also.

Reply to
riley85