In-cab headlight aim adjustment?

Some European cars and all Honda GL1800 motorcycles provide the driver with a knob for adjusting the vertical aim of headlights to compensate for the load on the suspension. I'd like to retrofit such a feature to my 2001 Sonoma. By any chance is this feature on the high end trucks? If so the salvage yard would be a good place for me to start looking for parts.

Unloaded the headlight aim is excellent. It takes only 260# of dirtbike in the back to lift the headlights into the eyes of oncoming traffic. Even worse with two dirtbikes and riding gear for two. I only wish to be able to lower my lights from their current setting.

A load leveling suspension would address the problem but there isn't anything seriously wrong with the suspension under these loads. Also the expense of an adjustable suspension would be far greater than I expect a couple of linear actuators capable of 1/8" of movement would cost.

Reply to
David Kelly