Its getting cold and I got no heat!

Ive got a 2002 S10 4cyl 2WD that has absolutley no heat. Ive tried replacing the thermostat but no luck. Anyone know what else to look for/check other than the heater core? I really dont want to tear apart my dash or fool around near the airbags.

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris C.

Sounds like the heater core is plugged. Might want to check and see if the cable that allows hot water into the heater core is working.

Reply to
Kevin Weaver

Check the hoses in and out of the cooler core. Both should be pretty hot, inlet much hotter. If you have heat there then the blend door problem needs to be addressed. You culd have a vacuum line off or the control mechanism might not be functioning. You should be able to remove that from the dash without disconnecting the lines and look at it. Air bags should not be involved with this, but you could disable them during this work.

Reply to
Al Bundy

check to see what color your anti freeze is ,if its red or green then go check the other stuff ,but if it is rusty looking then your heater core is probably partially clogged ,probably what you need to do is get your coolant system flushed out and refilled ,I have seen this happen before many times and it is amazing how well your heater system works afterward ,myself I get my system flushed out about every 2 years to keep the system working at peak efficiency and to make sure your coolant have the proper lubrication or you will be eventually replacing your water pump too, this is one of those things that most people look at as "if the coolant full then it is fine" and they don't do anything until a major failure happens and this is one of those things that will help your engine last ,monro I believe can do a flush for around 50 bucks for you which is cheap insurance

Reply to
badaztek