K&N Filters

Don't forget the chrome valve covers, chrome breather cover, and chrome tailpipe extensions. They must give ant least 5mph each. :)

Loyd

Reply to
Blake Loyd

See??? that's why they have the Carbonfiber-print resin tail pipes now. They are good for 10 mph!

Reply to
Trey

I personally like chrome. With taste, well maintained, and on CARS older than the average college student.

~KJ~ '72 Malibu

Reply to
KJ

Give me a 66 Malibu SS and yes, your right. 1989 Honda civic? no I have seen so many shoddy chrome jobs though. it just looks cheap.

Reply to
Trey

Well, like I said older than the average college student. More like 24+ years old... 'taste' 'maintained' and 'cars'... very key... Favorite Malibu year is 72... I like the 'big' curves/feeling of it - the older ones just look 'too small'

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

BTW there is no such thing as a Malibu SS - it's a Chevelle SS. The Malibu was 4 doors... sedan or hard top..... (I own a sedan) [my world would be a chevelle, dunno if I'd want a rag top though]

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Not true. Here is but one of many examples. My father had one like this.

John Alt

Okay, revelle? Sorry but that's about as reliable as .... as ... as a ford.

Not saying your wrong, but all that I have read points to says that an SS is a Chevelle, period. There are SS Chevelle clones, IE 2door malibus. Malibu's had less powerful engines, such as the 296 V6 or the 307 V8. They also ranged from 2 to 4 doors, and were either sedans or hard tops. (sedans have a pillar in-between the windows on the side doors). I don't know if they ever made convertible Malibus...

Personally, I don't care! Gimme a 2 door * with a rat under the hood and four on the floor and I'll cream my pants.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Chevelle stuff, no trucks here....

Malibu is just a trim package name for the Chevelle. There were four door Chevelle's and 2 door Malibu's. My first car was a 72 Chevelle with the Heavy Chevy package, IOW SS with a bench seat. Competition Orange, black stripes.

Here's some good pictures and a little history. The third page shows the

4 door 65 Chevelle and the 2 door Malibu SS. You get to the next page by clicking on the link at the bottom.
For the record, in 66, Chevy built 438,607 Chevelles. 25,216 were 2 door Malibu models with L6 engines. I don't know how many V8's there were.

Here's another picture of a Malibu SS. Note the emblem on the rear fender.

John Alt

What about the Impala SS?

My 1968 Impala SS427 coupe had a Muncie "rock crusher" 4-speed (very fast).

Most of all the Malibu SS's that I've seen were 2-door. BTW wasn't the SS designation originally put on the Impala in 1962 or 1963 and it denoted bucket seats along with a particular trim package?

Reply to
Rich B

Were talking solely about malibu's though. There are SS trucks, and even non-chevy SS vehicles...

~KJ~

What about the Impala SS?

My 1968 Impala SS427 coupe had a Muncie "rock crusher" 4-speed (very fast).

Most of all the Malibu SS's that I've seen were 2-door. BTW wasn't the SS designation originally put on the Impala in 1962 or 1963 and it denoted bucket seats along with a particular trim package?

Reply to
KJ

I believe it stood for "Super Sport" I am not sure what was included in the package.

As soon as my buddy gets over here, I will snap off some pix of his SS. I don't remember the year off hand. I believe he has a 283(?) V-8, but don't quote me.