keyfob question on 99 burb

This is kind of a two fold question.

1) Is there a way to increase the distance capability of my factory keyfob? It seems I have to be withing 5-15' of the vehicle in order for it to work right. Even then at times it kind of sucks. I have put a new battery in it, but that hasn't helped. Any ideas??

2) I have thought about adding a remote start kit to this vehicle, I have installed them in my 92 pickup and 92 burb. My question on this is, is it possible to find a wire diagram for the factory keyfob? My reason is, I like the ability to be able to unlock only the driver door with 1 click, 2 clicks for the rest. And then I also like the ability to unlock just the barn doors. I figure I could tie into the factory keyfob wireing to make this possible. But maybe I can't, in which case maybe I won't install it. The kit on my other two trucks only allows for all doors to be locked or unlocked.

Thanks

Reply to
MASTER Brian

My experience is where you are when you use it. Sometimes I can be 200' away and it works. Other times it does not work 10' away. Has to have something to do with proximity with radio towers, or some other interference.

Next time try making a mental note of the distance it works from, when you are not where you mentioned you had the problem.

See if it makes a difference for you.

Reply to
Bill

I haven't paid attention to where I've been, but with that said. I can be at work and at home and have it do the same thing. Sometimes it seems to work fine, sometimes it doesn't. I know at home, there have been times, I've remembered once inside that I forgot to lock the doors, so I hit the button twice so it gives the confimation honk. Then there are times I'm standing 5' away and it won't unlock.

Maybe I just have a somewhat faulty/worn-out unit. I've just discounted that because others have said their factory units are about the same...

Reply to
MASTER Brian