Leaking Windshield Wash Reservoir - Suburban

My 2002 Suburban 1500 4x4 windshield wash reservoir is leaking. The Haynes DIY manual conveniently does not include this particular job.

It appears to me that I probably have to get at it by removing the battery and battery shelf, and remove the tank from the top.

I thought I'd check the group to see if this is correct or not, and roughly how long it should take, before I start this. Any 'been there, done that' advice would be appreciated. TIA, HH

Reply to
Hatcher

I can't help you with your specific vehicle on how to remove your reservoir. But I can tell you that 99% of the time, the leak is the rubber gromet around one of the pumps. Sometimes the pump itself. The gromets can be purchased seperately at NAPA if needed.

James

Reply to
James1549

It is hard to see it until I take it apart, but that does look like it may be the problem. Now I just need to get to it. Thanks for the reply HH

Reply to
Hatcher

This will be about as useful as a pig on ice, but on my Dodge van, a 13/16 spark plug socket on a LONG extension will get down into the washer fluid tank and tighten the gasket.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon