linux bed liner

I just had a line-x bed liner sprayed in my 2003 Silverado by Linex of Picayune, MS. We made a 125 mile round trip to get to them, but it was worth it. They did a great job. Previously I had another brand liner in my 1997 Cheyenne. It was rougher and partially plugged the drainholes. The Linex looks like it was factory installed, smooth and all the drains and tiedowns are clear. They took close to 4 hr. to do it with most of the time being spent on prep so that it really looked great when they finished. They have a really, really nice facility too. Clean, comfortable waiting room with couch, recliner, and cable TV. I took a nap while they did my truck. People were really nice too. (PS I have no financial interest in, or gain to be made from this comment -it's just that you don't often get such good treatment and have results you are so pleased with these days). Bill Guy

2003 Silverado 2500HD Longbed Crewcab
Reply to
sixguys3

I went with my brother this spring when he had the Line-X sprayed in his Dakota. The guys were nice, let us take the shop truck (a 2002 Ram 4.7L) to the local mall and do a little shopping while they worked. We spent 2 hours at the mall, went back and it took the guy another 2 hours, with us waiting there, to finish, he was just trying to get the tailgate to close and latch on one push. Needless to say, the guy STILL did a nice job, and he did an add-on for nothing (Dodge ram's head logo sprayed on top of the rough coat with a smooth coat) for nothing. The smooth coat still holds stuff, it's a really cool addition.

I have a Line-X in my truck, but it was put in by the previous owner...

Reply to
Mike Levy

I was thinking of getting a Line-x sprayed in my 03 Silverado. How does it hold up in the weather/UV resistant? I got a sample of a Rhino lining and put it out in the sun for a month and it started fading and the top clear coating started peeling off. You could bend it backwards and notice it started cracking also. I was just wonder how a Line-X holds up.

Reply to
Goff

Reply to
Mike Levy

A Linux bed liner? Do they line the bed with old, unused computer parts, or just RedHat install CD's? ;-)

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

I was just curious about something, can they do two colors in a spray in bed liner, let say black and red, the chevy symbol in the red on the floor of the bed and the wall along the back of the cab in the bed. carl Italy

Bubba In Italy

No way would they use Red Hat (your point is why I decided to read this thread) that isn't heavy duty. They used the pure source code from SlackWare!!!

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

I just have to check on pricing at a shop or two before getting my 2500HD long box sprayed. Linex just beats the daylights out of every other liner I've seen in trucks. I know a guy who has had Linex in two or three trucks and they've all looked great. The others look old and beat over time with chunks out of them, etc. I have access to a fleet of trucks that have another brand liner and they look horrible. These trucks are commercial trucks and the liners just aren't able to take it. I've yet to see a Linex liner that has holes in it.

Reply to
Kevin

But isn't RH more abundant ie - more releases, more advertising? :-)

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Wouldn't Free BSD be cheaper? :) Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Greetings,

Based partly on what I've read in this group concerning Line-X spray in bed liners, I decided to have the bed of my new Chevy 2500 Crew Cab done. I have been comparing both Line-X and Rhino, and although the prices were within only a few dollars of each other, what really convinced me was looking at a Rhino liner in a friend's truck that was only a year old. It looked terrible, like worn asphalt. It was patchy, uneven, and obviously thin in spots - all of which may have been because of the installer, but it was enough to convince me to go with Line-X.

I had mine installed at Truck FX in Orlando, FL and they did a beautiful job. The texture and appearance of the Line-X product was superb, and the attention to detail was excellent. They even sprayed down the back of the bed behind the bumper. The texture of the Line-X is very coarse but evenly applied. The texture of the Rhino lining I saw was lightly coarse in some places, smoother in others which gave it an uneven appearance.

Thanks for helping make what I think is the right choice for me.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race