Location of the Fuel Filter - 1986 Chevy Blazer (2 door)

I am trying to replace the fuel filter in a 1986 Chevy Blazer and can't seem to find it? Does anyone know where it is? Its not where i can see it?

Thx

Reply to
Lake_Boys

it is in your gas tank

Stanley Arter

Its on the driver's side, on the inside of the frame. IIRC, you'll need a

Reply to
George

Wow. Looks like y'all forgot the 'old school' Quadrajets.

It's in the front of the carb. Take out the 3/8" fuel line, and the fitting that's left holds the filter in. Be VERY careful putting it back in, as they're very prone to cross threading. If it's already cross threaded, they make repair fittings that you can get in the Help section at any auto parts store - it's oversized and cuts the new threads as you screw it in.

Jeremy '79 GMC K-1500

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

LOL, I was thinking the same thing! In the ful tank? My gawd. 86's were CCC carb with a mechanical fuel pump, and you're right, filter is located right inside......................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to