Locking Differential Operation

I have a 2003 1/2 ton 2WD Suburban with the G80 locking differential option. Several times I have been in slippery spots and one rear wheel spins just like with a normal differential. Is there some trick to getting these things to lock up? Are they supposed to lock both in forward and reverse?

Bob King

Reply to
robert.e.king

Here's a link to Eaton's site that explains how it works:

DonW