Looking at '01 Tahoe LT - Opinions

Okay: I have a minivan. I like it but it is a minivan. 'nuff said.

I had a '95 Jimmy SLE. It was too small for my growing family and in '01 after 150,000 miles, I got the minivan. It is okay, but I wanted a Tahoe or Suburban. Too expensive at the time.

My manager has a 2001 LT with all the features. It has just under 50,000 (mostly freeway) miles. I have driven it and ridden in many times. She is ready to sell and get a nice Japanese sedan. She's offering it to me for $20K, which appears to be a good value.

What are your opinions on the '01? For those of you with an '01, what are the benefits (yes, I know it is big) and the problems. Will it run into an issue with the EGR valve or CPI unit like my '95 (which had a 4.3 Vortec) or is it more reliable? She's been pretty good at taking care of the engine and never takes it off road.

"...that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." -Jefferson

Reply to
See Your Lights

Hello, I couldn't tell much about an 01' LT Tahoe. but I am intersted in what others say. because my eyes are open as well to buying the new body style . I really Like em'. I can tell you that the Tahoe LT is a top notch smooth riding truck in the 97 model. We love ours ! it is extemly loaded and is as compfortable as sitting in your living room at home when on road trips. I am very impressed with them. even though I have only had to change front brakes/rotors which the rotors didn't really need it but might as well for only $16 a piece and a water pump ! and I have also pulled my 20 ft enclosed Wells Cargo trailer with it. it's a smoth puller.

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~