Looking for 89 blazer seatbelt replacement for drivers side.

I'm looking for a replacement seatbelt to replace the one on the drivers side of my 89 fullsize K5 blazer. Chevy has discontinued them and and LMC truck doesn't sell them. Anyone have any other resources on where I could find a factory replacement belt?

Mav

Reply to
Mav

Yeah I'll definitely let everyone know. Can't believe GM discontinued them already. All I need is the retracter portion, broke the plunger on it when removing to get behind the panel. I did find a company that sells generic setups the look like they work okay. But if I can find original I will use that first.

Reply to
Mav

No, I'm having the same problem with my 82 (same body style). These trucks don't have the hump on the floor for the gas tank like the pickup and suburban have (Well, burb has the hump, no tank). If you use them, the buckle ends up too low. Only other vehicle I think would cross over is a van. I haven't found any that have that same plunger type tension release that the blazer has. If you find something that works and looks good, let me know.

Reply to
John Alt

I've got a '79 model, wich i think is the same, with no seat belts at all, i'm not driving it at the moment so no probs but i didn't know they were so hard to get. Any chance belts from other cars/trucks fit?It's a standard 3 point belst isn't it? If anyone knows a way to get good belts in a blazer i'd like to know to :)

grtz sax

Reply to
Saxomophone

It has a door pin that goes out through the pillar to activate and deactivate the locking mechanism on the seatbelt based on whether the door is open or closed. I don't believe the pickup models ever had this feature that I remember, but I'm thinking that the suburban probably did and maybe the vans also, since they all shared a similiar bucket seat setup. I don't know what years these particular ones were available in yet but if anyone knows I would like to know as would I'm sure everyone else.

Mav

Reply to
Mav