Looking to buy a 2004 Silverado

Hello,

I am looking to buy a new Silverado in the very near future. I thought I'd check in with you experts to see if there's anything advice you have...things to look for and/or avoid.

Right now I am leaning towards a 1500 4WD Regular Cab...maybe the LS version.

Thanks in advance, Andrew snipped-for-privacy@andrewnixon.com

Reply to
Sinjin

What options people want are always different. The only thing I would REALLY recommend is the rear locking differencial. If you plan to tow a trailer, get the factory towing package because with it you also get the high capacity air cleaner, transmission cooler and wiring. I actually recommend the towing package even if you don't think you'll need it. It will certainly make it eaiser to sell some day.

Don

Reply to
<dnelson

Thanks Don,

Though I didn't see your note before my purchase, I did get they very options you mentioned and am so far VERY happy with it.

I got a 2004 Silverado 1500 4WD Reg Cab Short Bed (Arrival Blue with Dark Charcoal Seats)

I got the Light Duty Power Package (5.8L V8, Locking Differential, HD Traliering) with the Auto Tranny and HD Suspension. Especially nice since they had an extra $1000 Cash back on the LD Power Pack on top of the $2500 cash back for the truck. I actually don't have any immediate plans for towing, but I have always wanted to get a boat and it's nice to have the options available for those times you need it.

I decided to go with the Base Decor since I didn't think the power locks/windows were really worth the extra price.

I actually wasn't necessarily planning on getting the truck yesterday, but they just so happened to have exactly what I was looking for and a good price.

I'm taking it on a short road trip in a couple hours and look forward to it!!

Andrew

Reply to
Sinjin

Does your dark charcoal interior have a beigh head liner? My 2003 does and was wondering if that was just a mistake on mine or if they are all like that.

Reply to
Goff

Reply to
Sinjin

Yeah, they're all like that... I think it started around '02.

After a while you get used to it. Now when I get in a dark-headlined-vehicle, it's weird.

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

I just picked up an SS a month ago... Basically an extended cab LS.

I definitely recommend the "towing/heavy duty whatever you can get" packages. Seperate tranny and engine oil coolers come with them.

I *LOVE* XM radio.

I have OnStar, but it's not my bag of chips. I'll probably never use it. I never did in the last vehicle.

Other than the stuff I'd personally look for, there is nothing to avoid.

Good luck,

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind