Lost Keys

Hello all...

While fiddling with my beloved '84 Sierra and doing computer work, I think I lost my only ignition key on a service call. I tried to find it, but someone else must have picked it up. I still have the door lock key.

My granddad had his own set of keys, but he can't find them. It looks like I'm going to have to get some new ones. Can a key be made by just examining the lock or is it new lock time? What does a thing like that cost?

Would appreciate thoughts, constructive critiscism, etc...

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Mike Levy

Any locksmith can make you a new key. But you need to get the vehicle to him, house calls are expensive. I have a 80 GMC that I lost the ignition key(s) for. I winched it up onto a trailer, and took it to town, one morning. I dropped the truck still on the trailer at a locksmiths, and went about my business. That afternoon on my way home I stopped to pick it up. He had made new keys and if I recall correctly it only cost about $12.50 including two keys. At that price it didn't take him long, certainly not more than a few minutes.

Diamond Jim

Reply to
Diamond Jim