LOUNGE: My interesting eye.

I just had a spot-o-rust removed from my eye. I usually have eyes of "steel" and just blink the crud out and keep on wrenching. I did just that, but hours later my left eye was still bothering me. Well I keep washing it out, and rubbing and looking because it felt like it was stuck on the lid way over too the left. I even took a shower and stared the shower head in the eye till I couldn't stand it any longer. I then slept, and it calmed down but didn't go away. I think it was stuck to the lid, because I noticed it just too the left of the cornea on my left eye, a little brown square. I think me sleeping all night with it in the same spot allowed it to settle onto a spot of the eye. Well I tried to jab it out w/ que tip and couldn't - so I went to the emergency room after calling my doctor. PA put in some drops to numb it, plucked it out w/ a que tip. Put some yellow die that I believe is UV sensitive in there and checked to see if it was still there. It was gone, and since my g/f was so interested in it all he let her look through the machine. The PA was really cool about it. Gave me some ophthalmic ointment and I was on my way. All this over something the size of a grain of sand - a small one too. Eyes suck... too sensitive for something so exposed.

I still have a rust ring in my eye, so it really doesn't look like the rust is gone. From what I understand this rust ring is like a tattoo, so he referred me to some optimologists that should be able to remove it. From what I understand they go in with like a little whizzer and take it out. Yummy.

I'd have to honestly say it looks like it's getting smaller already. When I call them tomorrow I plan on asking if it will hurt my eye to be there - if not I don't think I'll have it removed, really don't care.....

Here's the score; Visits because of eye ..... 2 Visit 1: Working w/ lathe in school wearing safety glasses. Visit 2: Installing non-fitting hitch in truck, no glasses.

This probably would have been avoided had I been wearing them, but maybe not ... o well.

///////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///////////////////////////////////// ////

Well here's the first lounge post. Only part I miss from CK5.com. So just put "lounge:" in yer posts so the die-hard net nannies can ignore them and people who want to get to "know" the other members of these ng's *can* get to know them.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Hi!

I don't intend to sound like anyone's mother, but don't screw around with your eyes. You only get one pair and they may or may not heal if you misuse them.

William The Guesser (kicking back and drinking carbonated water now)

Reply to
William R. Walsh

That would be why I'm going to try to get the doc on the phone. If it's a beauty thing, I don't care... if it's a rust slowly enveloping my eye and then flaking off like my truck thing.... well then I may have it done. :-)

I was sick on thursday so friday was a chore, it's slowing down enough I may be able to get to your memory order. Sorry but free things just take a back seat for me. *shrug*

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

had the whizzer comin at my eye many times because of rust. safety glasses didn't mean sh#t either.

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

How bad is this whizzer? I've never had it go this far...

Reply to
pde_on_ebay

It aint that bad. They give you drops to numb your eye and then they turn it on and (get this) they tell you to hold your head still!! then the doc goes at your eye with the whizzer (one handed I might add) and gets it out. he just brushes it over the lens and that's it!! Don't worry it isn't that bad. The doc is looking at yer eye through a magnifier so he doesn't f@#k it up. And those drops they give you to numb you only last like 20 mins. They tell you 45 mins but they are full of sh*t. After all is said and done, it hurts like hell for the rest of the day, but then it is gone. Don't worry man; just get it the hell done before it gets any worse.

Rob

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

You don't feel a thing!

I'm an old pro at it, I'm on a first name basis with all the eye doctors and the emergency room doctors in the area.

One thing is for certain, brass in the eye is more dangerous than any other metal. The mixture of brass and eye fluid cause a toxic reaction.

Get the rust taken out, before it becomes a permanent scar at the very least, or causes an infection so bad. They'll have to harvest the eye!

Refinish King

PS I just put my chin in the feropter, the drops make sure you don't feel a thing. I promise!

Reply to
Refinish_King1