Low coolant temp in Suburban

In a 95 suburban I recently bought the rear heat doesn't work. The front heat does work but not great.

I noticed that the temp gauge indicates only 140 degrees coolant temp which seems low to me. Perhaps it is simply the gauge but perhaps this is all related.

What could cause this??

Uwe

Reply to
Jaggy Taggy

Make sure the thermostat isn't stuck open(make sure there even is one). Is the coolant low? Are the heater cores plugged? Is the fan clutch locked up?

Reply to
Shades

Check for bad thermostat (or if one is even present) for starters.

Reply to
SnoMan